Popkin Software, a leading, N.Y.-based developer of enterprise architecture tools and services, announced the latest version of its System Architect toolset that offers powerful new visualization, analysis and Web publishing features. These enhancements improve the flexibility of an enterprise architecture and how it can be analyzed, communicated and shared within and among organizations.
System Architect's array of powerful new features address one of the biggest challenges facing organizations developing enterprise architecture projects: sharing information among a broad spectrum of both technical and non- technical constituencies, including high-level executives, line managers and business analysts. By accessing the right information at the right time, organizations can make informed decisions about issues such as business process improvement, technology investments and customer service models.
The System Architect tool set adds flexible visualization and Web publishing features that enable users to draw enterprise data from a central repository and tailor the information to particular recipients. An Enterprise Explorer Diagram simplifies visualization of complex business-technology relationships, enabling users to take technical information and translate it into a strategic view for high-level management. The Information Publisher option provides the flexibility to easily customize and publish architecture information on the Web for internal consumption or via XML to accommodate regulatory requirements. A role-based Access Control feature enables organizations to manage access to their architecture projects.
System Architect v9.2's improved flexibility supports the many flavors of enterprise architecture, including development from the business perspective (top-down), the IT perspective (bottom-up) or any mix of the two. The newest features include:
- Enterprise Explorer Diagram. This new analysis feature supports automatic discovery of relationships with a visual display of results. Visual depictions tell the story of relationships, giving users a high-level strategic view of their architecture and models. System Architect now also offers graphic symbols and diagram support for the high-level management view, as seen in the Zachman Framework.
- SA Information Publisher. This new publishing option allows users to create a Web site, then organize, link and disseminate architecture via the Web. Information views can be tailored to the knowledge level of different audiences, making the architecture information more accessible to line managers and other non-technical users for improved review and decisions.
- Role-Based Access Control. This new option helps architecture teams control who accesses specific aspects of the architecture and how data is accessed and reviewed, improving the overall management of the architecture information.
Other new System Architect v9.2 features also include:
- Depiction Manager. This integrated feature enables users to globally change depiction of specified symbol of a diagram, streamlining the editing process.
- FEA Reference Model Support. This optional interface offers US federal agencies the ability to automate their Office of Management and Budget business case reporting via XML technology and W3C standards.
- Enterprise Direction Diagram. ,/b>This new diagram provides graphical representation of elements such as mission, vision, goals and strategies in the business planning process and then relates them to the rest of the enterprise for improved high-level analysis.
- SA Compare. This new configuration management option enables users to easily compare encyclopedias to see differences. For example, comparisons can be made between 'as is' and 'to be' encyclopedias to help teams analyze what's required for consolidation or evolution to future requirements.
- SA Simulator II. The optional simulator has been enhanced to help teams analyze the 'What If?' of complex business scenarios and see the impact on the business processes and underlying technologies, providing a knowledge for making smarter business decisions.
System Architect is the only tool to integrate, in one multi-user product, industry-leading support for all major modeling and enterprise architecture standards using a SQL server platform. System Architect offers support for all major enterprise architecture and modeling standards.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access