Kalido, the active information management company, announced solutions that deliver tangible results for businesses that are grappling with information management challenges across the enterprise. Kalido's Active Information Management solutions eliminate the gap between business managers and the information they need to make successful decisions. These solutions are the first phase of the company's Active Information Management (AIM) strategy, a new approach to accelerating collaboration between business and IT users in the face of continually changing business requirements. As a result, companies can dramatically reduce the time, cost and risk typically associated with the delivery of timely business information.
In the past, both IT and business managers have been frustrated by the difficulty of obtaining and analyzing the right corporate data in time to make key business decisions. Instead of the traditional design-build-redesign-rebuild process, Kalido's Active Information Management solutions can rapidly iterate, evolve and adapt to changing business conditions without time-consuming and custom programming. Kalido's patented technology also reduces risk by capturing changes in the information, providing a trustworthy audit trail for regulatory compliance and governance.
"One of the biggest challenges for any organization is ensuring alignment between the information needs of the business and the flexibility and responsiveness of the IT systems to deliver on those needs," said Henry Morris, group vice president and general manager, integration, development and application strategies, IDC. "The key is coming up with a way to effectively translate requirements into information quickly enough that it can be used to drive strategic decisions."
The Active Information Management solutions fall into the following four categories:
- Profitability Management Foundation Solutions - Kalido provides prebuilt business models to speed the development and deployment of customer and product profitability management, providing a foundation for the detailed, timely information organizations need to analyze and drive business results;
- Performance Management Foundation Solutions - Kalido delivers a corporate performance management (CPM) repository and a pre-configured model for data mart consolidation, providing a foundation for improved access and accuracy of the information needed to manage performance in the face of changing market requirements;
- Enterprise Data Management solutions - Kalido delivers a wide range of data management solutions including enterprise, networked and departmental solutions. These enable businesses to quickly and cost-effectively design, build and maintain their underlying data infrastructure and address the needs of both corporate and local management at the same time;
- Master Data Management solutions - Kalido master data management solutions keep business definitions consistent and maintain integrity across multiple data sources, thereby increasing trust, visibility and harmonization across the enterprise.
"Organizations need to be able to quickly integrate new information for managing performance and processes effectively," said Mark Smith, CEO and executive vice president of research, Ventana Research. "The latency of gaining consistent and useful information is difficult and usually not facilitated very well. Kalido is focused on addressing this need and increasing the trust and responsiveness in decision-making processes."
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access