iWay Software, an Information Builders company and the world's leading adapter vendor, announced immediate availability of a new Web services engine, SOAPswitch 5.5. The foundation for this new technology was acquired from Actional Software in October 2003 then tightly integrated into the iWay Software product line. iWay merged its existing adapter framework and the iWay Business Services Engine interfaces into acquired SOAPswitch technology allowing deployment of all 250 plus iWay adapters via SOAPswitch.
iWay SOAPswitch is a wizard-driven Web services adaptation tool that instantly unlocks software assets as reusable Web services. It enables users to deploy new applications quickly by reusing back-end systems without the expense or delay of more complex application integration methods. Its rapid service creation, standards-based reusable output, high-performance deployment, and robust activity monitoring and reporting dramatically lower the cost of integrating existing software in support of new application development and deployment.
"iWay Software's SOAPswitch 5.5 is the next generation of Web services adaptation tools on the market," says John Senor, president of iWay Software. "We bought Actional's Web service tool last year to slingshot our integration solution even further past the competition. We are widely recognized as the leading adapter provider, and this new Web service tool helps partners and customers leverage the value of our adapters by creating a catalog of reusable business processes and services that can be shared across the Internet."
Key Features of SOAPswitch 5.5:
- Rapidly creates and publishes Web services: A nine-step wizard and automatic WSDL generation provides an incredibly fast browse, select, create and publish capability for Web services. One customer was "astounded and delighted to create 16 Web services from back-end CORBA and COM interfaces in less than half an hour."
- Ensures fast browsing of published services: iWay SOAPswitch manages the publishing of services to a UDDI directory or the iWay SOAPswitch Web Services Viewer, a repository of service descriptions and WSDL. Web services can use our custom tooling to integrate easily with our partners' IDEs and integration tools, or out-of-the-box tooling with any standards-based tool set.
- Reduces development timeframes and costs: By reducing the amount of time it takes to gain access to applications and data, iWay SOAPswitch eliminates bottlenecks in development and integration projects.
- Lowers total cost of ownership (TCO) of integration projects: iWay SOAPswitch reduces initial project costs by eliminating custom code and lowers long-term costs by providing Web services that can be reused across a variety of J2EE, .NET and other applications.
- Opens access only to authorized consumers: The native security framework enables iWay SOAPswitch to manage role-based authorization of Web service collections and individual requests.
- Increases business agility: By complying with the latest Web services standards, including SOAP 1.1, WSDL 1.1, and UDDI 1.0 and 2.0, HTTP/S 1.0, 1.1, and SSL V3, iWay SOAPswitch ensures that applications will be available to virtually any integration tool, application,or third party.
- Extends to any development or integration infrastructure: Web services built with iWay SOAPswitch snap into products from BEA, IBM, Microsoft, SAP and many other vendors. Native .NET and Java implementations ensure scalability and flexibility regardless of environment.
iWay SOAPswitch 5.5 is currently available, with prices starting at $15K. For more information, go to http://www.iwaysoftware.com/products/web_services.html.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access