Online recruitment company The IT Job Board recently released its latest skills in demand report. Key findings include:
- Demand in helpdesk positions increases by 45 percent compared to the same period last year.
- Demand for IT project managers has risen by 35 percent compared to the same period last year.
- Enterprise resource planning (ERP)/customer relationship management (CRM) skill demand have stayed the same year on year, with more than 7,000 positions currently being advertised.
- Developers positions have increased only slightly at 10 percent compared to the same period last year.
The ERP/CRM market still is strong. There still seems to be a high demand for these applications, and the combination of continued demand plus the lengthy implementation schedules mean there's a real shortage of candidates with these skills in the market.
A growth in the demand for project managers is usually an indication that there is a growth in new projects being scheduled that need recruiting for. However, the relative inactivity in the developer market might suggest that the apparent increase in IT projects may not be something to get too excited about.
For more information go to http://www.theitjobboard.com/.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access