Very few weeks go by during which I do not encounter any information quality problems. Just this week alone, I experienced the following four IQ problems. The names are fictional; the facts are true.
1. One day this week, we received a phone message from Violet of our maid service, calling to confirm that she would be over the next day to clean our house. My wife, Diane, thought this was an old message because we now had a new maid, Jenny, who had started the previous week. Violet called again the next morning to confirm her appointment because we had not called back. Diane explained the situation. Violet called the maid service and learned that she had called the wrong house. She told us Jenny was coming to clean our house that day. Diane called Jenny and told her not to come because we only use her every other week.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access