Intraspect Software, Inc., a provider of enterprise collaboration solutions, introduced the Intraspect Solution for Portal Collaboration designed for industry standard portals including BEA, Oracle, SAP, SunOne, Sybase and Vignette. This solution enables organizations to augment their corporate portals with a full suite of collaboration and knowledge management capabilities quickly, seamlessly and cost-effectively.
"Our research shows that customer priorities for portal implementations place collaboration and knowledge sharing as the second most important goal behind aggregation of disparate applications," said Matt Cain, senior vice president of META Group. "We have found that inclusion of this kind of functionality can dramatically increase the usage and overall effectiveness of corporate portal deployments."
The Intraspect Solution for Portal Collaboration enables portal users to create shared "communities" to collaborate on areas relevant to the organization including strategic accounts, products, business processes and other topics of interest. These communities provide online workspaces to manage documents and content, discuss issues and strategies, make decisions, track tasks, and share status inside and across teams. Advanced security technology enables users to also perform many of these functions outside the firewall with both clients and partners, and it was designed so end-users can easily and safely create and manage their own communities. The solution is integrated with leading portals through partner-specific portlets and includes single sign-on capability for enhanced ease of use.
Intraspect also offers solution-specific options that integrate with the portal solution. These include a project management office (PMO) community, deal flow community and account management community.
Implementing the Intraspect Solution for Portal Collaboration will help companies with corporate portals to:
- Increase worker productivity by creating communities within the portal that capture relevant assorted content, documents, and business processes to effectively reduce 30-40% of the time employees spend looking for content and tracking team status.
- Increase portal adoption through easy-to-use collaboration and knowledge management tools that provide high value to users with minimal training.
- Enable increased visibility into projects, opportunities, or issues through dashboard views and dynamic alerts delivered to the individual's personal page, e-mail client or wireless device.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access