Companies are starting to see their Web services projects deliver real business benefits. These companies are also starting to realize that the absence of a solid Web service implementation framework prevents them from maximizing their Web services ROI. A key missing component has been a single point of access to technical and business information about the Web Services available to partners, customers, and/or internal users. Consequently, companies miss opportunities to get the most out of the existing Web services.
The Infravio Enterprise Web Services Portal addresses this problem. Large companies such as Sabre Holdings are already getting real business benefits using a beta version of this new product.
The Infravio Enterprise Web Services Portal is a single point of access for information about the Web Services in the enterprise. It gives access to an online catalog of available Web Services. Registered consumers can find Web Services, view technical and business information about the Web Services, try them and request access. Providers can publish, document, and promote their Web Services, as well as authorize access and monitor usage. Based on the Infravio Web Services Delivery Contract(TM) model, administrators can configure and provision the Web Services. The Infravio Enterprise Web Services Portal can be used by internal consumers, as well as by partners, customers and suppliers in a B2B scenario.
The Infravio Enterprise Web Services Portal is part of Infravio's Web Services Implementation Framework that helps companies build their Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA). The framework includes:
- A Corporate Web Services Registry, used to catalogue and document all the Web Services, their providers and consumers. It can be used as a centralization point for existing UDDI and ebXML registries in the enterprise.
- A Distributed Broker for Web Services security enforcement, data transformation, routing, transport brokering, and lifecycle management and,
- An Operations Console to ensure availability and performance of the Web services, monitor and log their usage, send out alerts and manage service level agreements.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access