Q.Know Technologies recently commissioned a survey of 1,000 professionals working in the financial services, insurance, pharmaceutical and manufacturing industries to find out how much time is wasted during the work day on searching for electronic documents and dealing with information overload.
- More than half of the professionals surveyed have attributed a decrease in workday productivity due to unnecessary searching for electronic documents that they have already read but cannot find.
- Seven out of 10 professionals in the pharmaceutical industry surveyed believe that their productivity is limited due to unnecessary searching for electronic documents that they have already read but cannot find.
- Out of all the industries surveyed, the pharmaceutical and insurance industries find themselves frustrated with the inability to locate the emails and attachments necessary to perform their tasks.
- 50 percent of the professionals surveyed find themselves frustrated with the inability to locate the emails and attachments necessary to perform their tasks; the percentage rose to 58 in the insurance industry alone.
- Three out of 10 professionals are spending 25 percent of their work day searching for lost emails/files; this translates into $XXX/week lost to poor e-mail filing (in a billed $XX/hr situation).
- 70 percent of all professionals keep their most important files in electronic format, yet 50 percent believe that their productivity is limited by not being able to find those improperly filed documents.
- More than 70 percent of all document heavy industries keep their most important files in electronic format.
For more information, visit www.qknowhero.com.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access