June 3, 2008 - Information Builders announced plans to deliver WebFOCUS RStat at the end of the year.
WebFOCUS RStat is a business intelligence (BI) platform created to enable data miners, statisticians, BI developers and analysts to collaboratively build predictive applications for field and operational employees. WebFOCUS RStat is a statistical modeling workbench embedded in Developer Studio that enables scoring of new data on every platform and database in real time.
By integrating an open source engine with WebFOCUS, Information Builders will extend the accessibility of predictive analytics in production BI applications across the enterprise.
"Data mining has been largely excluded from mainstream BI applications, said Gerald Cohen, Information Builders CEO and founder. "Very rarely has prediction become part of the daily operations of field workers. Information Builders believes that every decision-maker, at any level in the organization, can and should benefit from access to predictive modeling applications. Embedding them within WebFOCUS allows us to extend the use of these models to users on all platforms in many, many different kinds of applications.
An integrated environment like WebFOCUS RStat eliminates the need to work in different and often incompatible environments and eases the formation and effectiveness of BI competency centers.
Highlights of WebFOCUS RStat will include:
- Integrated user interface in Developer Studio to access statistical and data mining models,
- The ability in Developer Studio for modelers to prepare the data,
- Access to a simple Web form and
- RStat will be extensible via scripts and open source to leverage the numerous packages.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access