Information Builders, the leader in enterprise business intelligence and real-time Web reporting, announced the launch of Focal Point, a Web site dedicated to developers of WebFOCUS, Information Builders' flagship business intelligence (BI) solution. This unique interactive network for WebFOCUS experts, architects and engineers is designed to foster innovation in enterprise BI application development through community discussion and collaboration.
Located at www.informationbuilders.com/focalpoint, the site offers access to numerous resources, including:
- Information Builders Community Forum Visitors can use the message boards to contribute ideas and product expertise, or simply ask questions regarding application development. The message boards combine the advantages of a list-serve and an archive by supporting both push and pull technologies. Visitors can also browse or search the boards for particular topics, or sign up to be notified via e-mail when a topic is updated. The forums are open to Information Builders employees, customers, partners, integrators, vendors and anyone interested in the WebFOCUS product line.
- Exclusive Content Focal Point will feature new and exclusive content For example, in the near future, Information Builders will add a series of mini-demos that address topics such as getting started with WebFOCUS Developer Studio.
- The WebFOCUS Newsletter Users can sign up for a free subscription, or browse current and back issues. Published six times per year, the WebFOCUS Newsletter contains technical and analytical information on current and future WebFOCUS product releases.
- Education and Training From one convenient location, users can access informative manuals and documentation as well as a complete range of Information Builders courses. In addition, there are links to Best Practice Guides, which provide tips and techniques on implementation considerations, configuration, and maintenance. Relevant development Webcasts, workshops, and events are also highlighted on Focal Point.
- InfoResponse Online Tools Information Builders Technical Support has a large knowledgebase of technical information, a Documentation (publications) Library, and a variety of services and resources to help developers find solutions to questions and problems, or simply learn more about how to use Information Builders software. Focal Point provides links to InfoResponse Online, offering useful resources such as the problem isolation and debugging tools, updated and fixed downloads, and a case management facility.
There is no cost associated with the use of Focal Point. It can be accessed by pointing your browser to www.informationbuilders.com/focalpoint.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access