Informatica Corporation, a leading provider of data integration software, announced the general availability of Informatica PowerCenter 8. The result of extensive input from Informatica customers and partners, PowerCenter 8 has set the standard for enterprise data integration with enhancements in four key areas: advanced data quality, enterprise data access, enterprise-wide deployment and developer productivity.
Current customers of the new PowerCenter 8 release include Ace Hardware, Allianz Life, Amgen, BMW AG, DaimlerChrysler, FedEx, Gateway, HP Ireland, Lockheed Martin, Motorola, Mutual of Omaha, Southern Company and the U.S. Postal Service.
"With PowerCenter 8, Informatica has significantly broadened the definition of an enterprise data integration platform," said Mark Cothron, data integration architect at Ace Hardware. "At Ace Hardware, PowerCenter 8 will help us to overcome the challenges of implementing data integration as an enterprise-wide function, providing us with new features that deliver greater performance and scalability, and significantly increasing developer productivity."
Since the initial roll out of PowerCenter 8 on a limited basis in December 2005, Informatica has made further enhancements to the generally available release, resulting in the following new capabilities:
- Advanced data quality products - With Informatica's acquisition of Similarity Systems, PowerCenter 8 now includes new products that deliver advanced data quality capabilities: Informatica Data Quality and Informatica Data Explorer.
- Enhanced 64-bit platform support - PowerCenter 8 now supports the most extensive list of 64-bit platforms in the industry. (See below for newly supported platforms and environments.)
- Expanded enterprise data access - New PowerExchange options extend Informatica's leading platform-neutral approach, offering access to data sources such as JD Edwards OneWorld, DB2/UDB Real-time, IDMS Real-time, as well as changed data capture support for leading database environments.
Concurrent with the PowerCenter 8 release, Informatica is also now offering a data-flow design tool based on Microsoft Visio: Informatica Data Stencil. Free of charge to customers, Data Stencil provides a Visio template that allows rapid construction of data flows, which directly feed PowerCenter 8's Mapping Generation product to automatically generate PowerCenter mappings. The tool works bi-directionally, so that existing PowerCenter mappings can create a visual map of the data flow. Customers can download Data Stencil and sample mapping templates by visiting http://devnet.informatica.com/datastencil.
PowerCenter 8 is now available on the following platforms: Windows 32-bit, Windows on Itanium, Solaris 32-bit, Solaris 64-bit, Solaris on x64/Opteron, AIX 32-bit, AIX 64-bit, HP/UX 32-bit, HP/UX 64-bit/Itanium, SuSe Linux on 64-bit, Redhat Linux 32-bit, Redhat Linux 64-bit.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access