InfoCyclone, the company in the database acceleration space, launched its smart information retrieval solution to the market at OracleWorld this week. InfoCyclone’s innovative solution addresses the critical industry issue of how to rapidly and efficiently access the rising tidal wave of data beginning to drown organizations and turn that data into useful information. InfoCyclone automatically identifies the most resource consuming queries and executes them in its own state-of-the-art SQL engine. The result is dramatic improvement in application response time coupled with an offloading of the database.
InfoCyclone’s add-on appliance is situated between the application and database servers in a three-tier architecture, and between the database client and database server in a client/server architecture. It is based on patented rapid query execution technology. InfoCyclone automatically monitors SQL traffic, dynamically identifies resource-intensive queries, redirects them from the database to the InfoCyclone appliance and executes them in main memory using its proprietary special purpose SQL engine. This solution dramatically improves response time and decreases database resource consumption. It enables users to get more value from their data, while simultaneously allowing more users to access the data.
Keys to InfoCyclone’s high value and benefit to users include:
- Breakthrough Performance: Data retrieval speed augmented by 10 times and more
- Real-Time Business Intelligence: Enables users to perform business intelligence queries on the operational database without adding any load
- Simple installation and operation: Transparent installation and operation, requiring no changes to the application and database infrastructure
- Increased Scalability: Frees operational databases from query processing by splitting transactional from informational query traffic, thus increasing overall application throughput and enhancing OLTP efficiency
- Automatic and Adaptive Operation: Continuously monitors the SQL traffic and adapts to changing usage patterns accordingly
- Reduced Total Cost of Ownership: Eliminates the need for purchasing, maintaining and supporting additional database servers and software licenses
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access