Organizations can increase labor productivity, reduce costs and speed business processes and reporting by consolidating data from disparate systems using Transformation Server, DataMirror's data integration solution, a new commissioned study by Forrester Consulting reveals. In addition, Transformation Server's Change Data Capture (CDC) technology enables better analysis of the business, less manual work, and reduced system administration.
These findings, summarized in The Total Economic Impact of DataMirror Transformation Server, were the result of a series of in-depth interviews conducted by Forrester Consulting with a U.S.-based luxury goods retailer using DataMirror Transformation Server.
Among the key findings:
- The company achieved an estimated payback period of 17 months and an estimated three-year ROI of 43 percent;
- Completion of the company's monthly, quarterly and annual closings were reduced from 10 days to two days, and labor costs in the finance and IT departments were reduced by $400,000 annually;
- Hundreds of spreadsheets that were manually created in the finance department have been eliminated, saving overtime and weekend work and avoiding additional headcount;
- Aggregating data from 13 standalone financial systems was less complex and less costly than alternative solutions due to minimal coding requirements and repeatability; and,
- Ease of implementation made it simple to add new sources, countries, regions or new business units, enabling the business to grow without incurring more IT overhead.
"Based on these findings, companies looking to implement DataMirror Transformation Server can see cost savings and productivity benefits around a broad range of initiatives," according to the Forrester Consulting study.
The retailer, which employs 8,000 people worldwide and has annual revenue greater than $2.5 billion, installed Transformation Server to eliminate manual processes and to aggregate general ledger data from 13 regional and business unit databases into one financial data warehouse.
To complete the study, Forrester employed four fundamental elements of its Total Economic Impact (TEI)(TM) methodology: costs and cost reduction, benefits to the entire organization, risk, and flexibility.
"With numbers like 43% ROI and payback within 17 months, it's clear why leading businesses worldwide and across all industries have long depended on DataMirror Transformation Server for its unparalleled real-time data integration capabilities," said Nigel Stokes, CEO, DataMirror Corporation. "By incorporating Transformation Server into their IT infrastructure, today's busy organizations can continue to make better business decisions, run smoother operations, win new customers and partners, and increase their bottom line."
To view the entire study, visit www.datamirror.com/resourcecenter/pdfs/ts/TEIofTransformationServer22June06.pdf .
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access