The EAI Industry Consortium (EAIIC) is pleased to announce that the keynote lineup for the Global EAI Summit 2004, to be held in Banff Springs, Canada from 24-28 May, is now confirmed. The extended group of experts leading the various tutorials and workshops will be traveling from the U.K., Belgium, Germany, Spain, USA, Canada, Israel, Australia and India.
Opening the Summit on Wednesday, May 26, will be Dr. James Wetherbe, a dynamic and entertaining speaker, author and leading authority on the use of computers and information systems to improve organizational performance and competitiveness. Dr. Wetherbe is a member of the Board of Directors of Best Buy, named "Company of The Year for 2004" by Forbes Magazine. He will provide a "view from the top" concerning the business and policy issues that drive effective integration at the enterprise level and throughout the supply chain.
Dr. Wetherbe is particularly recognized and appreciated for his ability to explain complex technology in straightforward, practical terms that can be strategically applied by both executives and general management. A well respected author of 18 highly regarded books including Information Technology for Management; So, What's Your Point?; The World On Time: 11 Management Principles That Made FedEx an Overnight Sensation and Systems Analysis and Design. His book on FedEx was ranked as one of the Top 30 Business Books in 1997. Systems Analysis and Design was ranked by Computing Newsletter as the top textbook on the topic.
This year's Global Summit theme, "Improving Best Practices Strengthening Standards," aims to further the Consortium's goal of mapping out an integration framework and architecture, as well as building best practices that will underpin the technology required to efficiently and effectively support the ever-changing needs of business around the world.
With this focus in mind, the EAIIC has sourced a number of recognized industry experts who will in turn discuss such integration topics as the Enterprise Service Bus (ESB), Business Process Management, data integration and integration architectures:
- Dr. David Cohn Director, IBM T. J. Watson Research Center and expert on modeling, transforming and integrating information and business structures for on demand solutions.
- Gregor Hohpe author of "Enterprise Integration Patterns" and a foremost speaker on integration topics around the world.
- David Linthicum 20-year industry veteran, pioneer of distributed enterprise integration and author of "Enterprise Application Integration" and "B2B Application Integration."
- David Luckham research professor in electrical engineering at Stanford University, co-founder of Rational Software, and author of "The Power of Events."
- Gordon Van Huizen CTO of Sonic Software, inventor of the enterprise service bus (ESB) and recognized by InfoWorld as one of 2004's 25 most influential CTOs.
Including the opportunity to hear from the listed speakers and to meet with them one-to-one, participants in the Summit also have the prospect of participating in a number of tutorials, workshops, presentations and a mid-week poster session. This is an invaluable opportunity to further explore and understand best practices in enterprise application integration and how the lessons learned from others may be best applied to create bottom line value to any business.
"The Summit is now firmly on the calendar as the major annual event where industry thought leaders, technical innovators, and pioneering end-users from all over the world will gather and build consensus and a shared vision for integration. We are excited about this year's agenda and anticipate our speakers to create proactive discussions," comments Michael Kuhbock, Founder & Co-Chairman of the EAIIC. "Our line up of speakers and presenters is second to none and an essential forum for all those involved in business today."
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access