June 5, 2009 This week illuminate Solutions announced the release of iLuminate 4.0 correlation database technology.
Unlike the RDBMS or the column-oriented database iLuminate 4.0 database technology uses value-based storage, which stores data values only once and uses an indexing system to logically connect all data correlations and relationships. The database - actually the indexing system itself - is created on the fly during the loading process and is inherently compact and ultrafast since all data is accessed at index speed.
The press release regarding the announcement stated that in testing iLuminate 4.0 beat by an order of magnitude data warehouse or data mart vendors benchmarks in the areas of:
- Time to analytics, the time it takes to design, build, integrate and deliver raw data in a form usable for analytics
- Time to answer, the time it takes from the moment a user begins to analyze an issue to the point the user has the answer
- Total cost of ownership
The new version, iLuminate 4.0, features 64-bit architecture, enhanced multithreading, a Web services architecture, LDAP/Active Directory-based users and privileges management, and public APIs (Java, .Net, C++) that enable easy development of custom analytic applications.
Reporting operations and SQL data access can be done with any ODBC-compliant tools.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access