IDS Scheer, Inc., a leading provider of business process excellence services and tools, launched its ARIS Sarbanes-Oxley Audit Manager a powerful new tool to help organizations document their business processes and help them implement a system to ensure Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance. ARIS Sarbanes-Oxley Audit Manager is a Web-based workflow system that baselines, tests and certifies internal controls.
SOX compliance is driving the need for organizations to implement policies and procedures to ensure the integrity of financial reporting, as well as their internal control systems. To help executive management with accountability and disclosure, the ARIS Sarbanes-Oxley Audit Manager can document key internal controls, processes and procedures supporting the financial structure.
“SOX compliance is not just about the technology. Solutions such as our ARIS Sarbanes-Oxley Audit Manager may be the enabler to achieving compliance; however, the true value lies in using this tool to gain visibility into overall business processes,” said Dr. Mathias Kirchmer, CEO, IDS Scheer, Inc. “We are taking a holistic approach to SOX compliance with a solution that works in tandem with our ARIS Toolset and ARIS PPM.”
According to Dr. Kirchmer, the ARIS Sarbanes-Oxley Audit Manager uses a three phase process-oriented approach to SOX compliance. Phase 1 includes an evaluation to assess the current control system. Phase 2 documents SOX- relevant processes to determine the efficiency of the internal control system using an adapted methodology for risk management. Phase 3 provides a mechanism for regular monitoring and continuous improvement of SOX-relevant risks using test activities conducted by individuals assigned to the task.
IDS Scheer has developed the ARIS Sarbanes-Oxley Audit Manager to include a central repository of reusable business processes that can be shared by many users across the enterprise. This repository provides a set of standardized practices, making it easier to edit and update process models. Processes can be published from one central location to the Web, ensuring that the latest version of the processes is always available. Process reporting and analysis can be provided from the system’s process repository. The automated processes can be monitored automatically, making it easy to identify any deviations.
Beyond SOX compliance, the ARIS Sarbanes-Oxley Audit Manager also provides organizations with the following key features:
- Provides visibility into business processes and employees can better understand their business processes for higher quality output
- Enables all non-SOX-related processes to be integrated into the same central repository, providing the potential for end-to-end process improvement
- Other processes within the organization can also be automated to ensure consistency and efficiency
- The monitoring dashboard can be extended to other automated processes and allows the organization to be more proactive in responding to changes in performance
- Provides the infrastructure to become a process-oriented organization.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access