Somers, N.Y., Sept. 22, 1999 - IBM launched a major e-business initiative spearheaded by a $30 million integrated marketing campaign and backed by numerous product announcements from across the corporation. The worldwide initiative, which establishes business intelligence (BI) as the next major wave of e-business, also includes:
- A new program that delivers complete relationship marketing solutions for small and medium businesses.
- New industry and consulting offerings that help companies manage relationships with customers, monitor business performance and establish a foundation to run BI projects.
- New advanced software for analyzing and integrating customer, product and services data.
- IBM's newly announced servers: The RS/6000 S80 Enterprise Server excels at processing the large amounts of data used for BI, and the S/390 Multiprise 3000 provides a BI solution capability for midrange companies.
- New financing options.
"IBM's mantra these days is 'Do what's right for the customer,'" said Wayne Eckerson, an analyst for Patricia Seybold Group, in his recent report, IBM Leads the Pack: Big Blue Has Discovered a Winning Formula for Business Intelligence. "From a practical perspective, this means that IBM is working customer accounts from the outside in, preferably leading with professional services to assess customers' requirements before selling products."
For more information, visit www.ibm.com.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access