IBM announced new software to help companies more easily access, manage and integrate information from the widest variety of sources. The new content management software provides the broadest support for open standards in the industry, delivers tighter integration across the IBM software portfolio, and offers increased performance capabilities, enabling customers to drive more value from their business content.
With the announcement, IBM is also introducing new software designed to help medium-sized organizations implement a digital content management infrastructure. IBM’s DB2 Content Manager Express can be installed with one easy click and incorporates self-managing capabilities to help customers simplify and automate many of the tasks required to manage a content management environment.
IBM’s comprehensive content management portfolio, features:
- New, simplified, full-functioned content management systems designed for the mid- market customer
- Broadest industry commitment to open standards, including major Linux platforms
- Tighter integration with IBM’s software portfolio, enabling WebSphere Business Integrator Server and Lotus Workplace Web Content Management to leverage business content across applications Enhanced records management and information archiving capabilities, to help facilitate compliance
DB2 Content Manager Express enables customers to capture, manage, store, and protect all forms of business information delivering content to users when and where they need it. The new software helps simplify and automate content management requirements such as installation and configuration to help ease the burden of administration for smaller IT departments and ensuring lower long-term costs.
IBM is also extending its commitment to providing the broadest support for open standards in the industry, by delivering solutions that enable customers to leverage common infrastructures and achieve a lower cost of ownership.
IBM’s DB2 Content Manager for Linux, now delivers IBM Enterprise Content Management support for the industry’s fastest growing operating system. More and more customers are using Linux to take advantage of the reliability and cost savings associated with the operating system. By adding support for Linux, DB2 Content Manager delivers support for the broadest range of platforms in the industry, and enables companies to make the most cost effective choices for their business. DB2 Content Manager for Linux furthers IBM’s leadership in the Linux marketplace and positions IBM as the only enterprise content management provider to support all major operating systems.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access