HyperRoll, a leading provider of data aggregation software for business intelligence (BI) applications, announced general availability of HyperRoll 4.0, the latest version of HyperRoll. HyperRoll 4.0 provides companies with immediate visibility into their operations by delivering a real-time data infrastructure to power performance dashboards, business activity monitoring (BAM) and alerting systems, reporting applications and ad hoc queries. With the 4.0 release, HyperRoll now also provides support for relational reporting environments such as Business Objects.
"Corporate initiatives such as Sarbanes-Oxley, HIPAA compliance and corporate performance management are driving the demand for real-time operational reporting, dashboards and alerting systems, but existing business intelligence solutions have not been able to meet this challenge," said Michael Bealmear, CEO of HyperRoll. "HyperRoll 4.0 makes on-demand access to information a reality by dramatically accelerating the performance of these business intelligence systems."
Using HyperRoll 4.0, companies are able to monitor their key business drivers throughout the day, as needed and without intervention from IT. Faster performance means that operational applications can easily be deployed to thousands of users. Since HyperRoll integrates seamlessly into existing BI environments, these users are able to continue working with the same familiar tools, only faster and more effectively.
There are two new key features in HyperRoll 4.0:
- Performance enhancements: HyperRoll 4.0 includes new algorithms that provide a significant increase in performance - as much as 100 times.
- Support for relational data warehouse environments: HyperRoll 4.0 provides customers with the ability to aggregate information in data warehouse or data mart environments that use relational databases and BI software such as Business Objects.
Faster Performance for Business Users
Using HyperRoll 4.0 to accelerate the performance of their BI systems, customers are able to:
- Close the books faster than ever before: Using HyperRoll, finance managers can dramatically accelerate the time it takes to close the books each month.
- Transform financial analysis: HyperRoll significantly enhances its customers' financial analysis capabilities by enabling more frequent reporting on highly detailed data.
- Track trade promotions, ad campaigns, and other marketing programs: Using HyperRoll, campaign reports are generated in near real-time so that companies can take corrective action on promotions quickly and effectively.
- Optimize retail product mix, replenishment, prices, and quantities: Faster reporting allows companies to make daily merchandising decisions using the most up-to-date information.
"Sabre implemented HyperRoll to speed up our financial reporting," said Ed Smith, Manager of Financial Systems, Sabre Holdings. "Using HyperRoll, Sabre is now able to look at financial data multiple times a day during the close, which has made a substantial impact on our visibility into the business and our ability to make decisions based on up-to-date information."
Doug Laney, Vice President, Enterprise Analytic Strategies with META Group has commented: "Our research indicates that enterprises increasingly are recognizing the limitations of standalone query and reporting solutions. This is particularly true for businesses attempting to optimize business process performance and respond to the imminent real-time monitoring requirements of Sarbanes-Oxley. As organizations introduce lower-latency analytic solutions that are embedded into core business applications and accessing data where it lives, it's no surprise that they find the infrastructure performance demands to be overwhelming."
Proven Return on Investment (ROI)
Customers report both immediate and long-term ROI from implementing HyperRoll. Over the course of the year, poor query performance can add up to hundreds of thousands of dollars in lost productivity and additional IT costs. HyperRoll 4.0 enables business users to get immediate access to critical information without delays, and allows their IT organizations to reduce costs by leveraging existing investments in server and data storage assets.
"In working with our customers, we've been able to put a cost figure on poor performance," said Rich Ghiossi, vice president of marketing at HyperRoll. "For example, in environments with 250 users waiting ten minutes for two daily reports, HyperRoll estimates that these delays will cost the company upwards of $400,000 per year. This type of environment will also require more than $200,000 a year in additional maintenance and hardware just to deliver the reports in that ten-minute period. Implementing HyperRoll in this situation would save the company hundreds of thousands of dollars and provide users with access to information that will help them better run their business."
"Once you give people information tools that they rely on to do their jobs, the performance of these tools becomes incredibly important," added Bealmear. "Information delays prevent people from making informed decisions. Imagine if you had to wait an hour for every Google search to finish, or if you were leaving for work and the traffic report you got on the radio was about yesterday's traffic. Waiting for critical information is unacceptable in today's business environment, and with HyperRoll, users no longer have to wait to get the information they need."
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access