HyperRoll, a leading provider of data aggregation software for business intelligence applications, announced general availability of HyperRoll 3.0, the latest version of its software. HyperRoll 3.0 features support for a wider range of customer analysis and database environments, including Hyperion Essbase, as well as significant performance enhancements such as support for 64-bit computing. Users of OLAP solutions such as Hyperion Essbase and Oracle Express can now leverage HyperRoll to gain lightning-fast access to large data volumes while drastically reducing the need for additional hardware or storage.
HyperRoll’s patented aggregation technology works seamlessly within customers’ existing OLAP environment to accelerate loading by as much as 100 times and enabling access and analysis of data in unparalleled detail. HyperRoll software is transparent to end users, who do not have to learn a new interface or access a new application. They simply use their existing BI technologies, faster.
Key benefits of HyperRoll 3.0 include:
- Better decision making: HyperRoll eliminates the lengthy build times previously required to populate OLAP cubes, which in turns opens the door for additions to the data structure, increased dimensionality and larger data volumes for any analysis. New dimensions can be easily added to HyperRoll, providing customers with a complete view of their business. End- users can also query against the data while the cube is being calculated. These key features translate into faster, more accurate decisions and vastly improved visibility into company performance, financials and operations.
- Reduced hardware costs: HyperRoll’s unique aggregation technology dramatically reduces dependency on CPU-intensive functions, which in turn decreases customers’ need for additional CPUs. HyperRoll’s innovative architecture also immediately reduces the amount of storage needed to support OLAP applications.
- Reduced maintenance costs: Since HyperRoll’s patented design eliminates the need for multiple cubes, HyperRoll users can avoid much of the building, maintaining, and tuning of these cubes, as well as avoiding the related hardware and consulting expenditures. By decreasing the need to constantly balance resources with performance, HyperRoll reduces the time customers will spend on database maintenance, often by more than 80 percent.
“Total cost of ownership (TCO) for OLAP products such as Hyperion Essbase and Oracle Express often increase unexpectedly if IT organizations have to buy more servers and disks to meet increased user demand," said Eric Rogge, VP and Research Director at Ventana Research. "HyperRoll’s query performance acceleration technology enables companies to meet increased user demand and data size while minimizing TCO by leveraging their existing hardware investments."
Other key features of HyperRoll 3.0 include:
- Incremental loading of “changed” data: supports incremental refresh of dimension and fact data, enabling real-time data updates.
- Native access to DB2: connectivity of HyperRoll to DB2 through the DRDA protocol.
- Support for 64-bit computing: enables HyperRoll to be used with 64-bit architectures, removing the existing limitation of 2Gb in 32-bit environments and enabling larger data sets.
- Enhanced engine performance: enhances query performance by improving memory and caching algorithms.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access