Hyperion debuted a comprehensive book on business performance management - On the Up and Up: Achieving Breakthrough Performance Through Insight. Business performance management is changing how companies operate by providing insight into what drives or drains profits, cash flow and operational efficiencies in companies, and Hyperion is a leading provider of business performance management software solutions.
On the Up and Up offers the insight and inspiration companies need to take their business performance management efforts to the next level. It focuses on the art and craft of managing business performance and helping companies address current business conditions.
"This is a challenging time to run a company," said Jeffrey Rodek, chairman and CEO for Hyperion, who also wrote the foreword to the book. "The economy is improving and business spending is up, but executives are still faced with a significant degree of uncertainty.
"You can't control what happens in the external environment, but you can manage what happens inside your company. Leaders in every organization face the same challenges in managing complexity, uncertainty and rapid change. This book represents the collected wisdom of some of the best thinking on these topics."
Some of the brightest minds in business contributed to On the Up and Up - including leaders from American Express, FedEx Express, IBM and academics from Kellogg, Kent State and the Wharton School. Highlights of the book include:
· A series of essays on leadership topics ranging from Creating Premium Value to The Changing Role of the CFO in an organization.
· Profiles of three organizations that have led the way in their use of Business Performance Management to create a more performance-accountable organization.
· A roundtable discussion on Building a Performance-Accountable Culture.
· A Business Performance Management overview that provides a road map for companies as they consider the management, technical and other practical issues involved in transforming their companies through Business Performance Management.
The book presents new perspectives on current challenges confronting boards, CEOs and CFOs, what makes a great leader and what successful leaders will need to do to improve performance in today's business climate.
To obtain a copy of On the up and up: Achieving Breakthrough Performance Through Insight, please visit http://www.hyperion.com/.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access