Hyperion, a global leader in business performance management (BPM) software, distanced itself further from its BPM competitors with the introduction of powerful new capabilities in Hyperion System 9 Release 9.3.
With new functionality in financial management applications, data management services, and business intelligence (BI) modules of Hyperion System 9, the new release gives organizations more tools for improving business performance, along with expanded options for integrating diverse enterprise systems.
The new release reflects Hyperion's continued commitment to extend Hyperion System 9 functionality into areas where enterprises need it most. Launched a year ago, Hyperion System 9 was the industry's first product to integrate financial management applications and a BI platform in a single system built on a common set of foundation services and accessed via the unified Business Performance Management Workspace. In May, Hyperion added a new Hyperion System 9 application enabling financial data quality management.
Gaining Control of Applications, Assets and Business Plans
Release 9.3 incorporates new capabilities that further elevate Hyperion customers' ability to design and manage financial applications, control capital assets, and flexibly manage business plans.
- BPM Architect is the industry's first business process modeling environment that helps enterprises align planning scenarios, financial and operational plans, and financial consolidation processes. BPM Architect gives users an aerial view from which they can design, deploy, manage and synchronize financial management and planning processes. The visual modeling environment lets users define process assumptions and properties, map the flow of data and metadata and share common components between applications, scenarios and financial activities.
- A new Hyperion System 9 Capital Expense Planning module within Release 9.3's integrated business planning framework provides the industry's only packaged and extensible solution for planning the acquisition, lifecycle management, and retirement of capital assets. The new module allows financial and operational managers to increase the accuracy of their forecasts by integrating capital improvements into their rolling forecasts and annual plans. Now managers can run depreciation and amortization calculations, develop action plans for existing assets, plan for driver-based or user-defined asset-related expenses, and generate asset reports. Hyperion System 9 users can also account for assets throughout their entire lifecycle, from pre-acquisition planning through to retirements, transfers and improvements.
With Hyperion System 9 Release 9.3, Hyperion is also augmenting its existing data management services with a new module for data integration. Building on Hyperion's existing family of data management services, which include master data management and financial data quality solutions, the new Hyperion System 9 Data Integration Management module provides a robust and proven solution for integrating Hyperion applications with ERP, CRM, and other transactional systems. Collectively, Hyperion's data management services complement the enterprise information management strategy of any organization with solutions that provide the flexibility and governance that business users need, while preserving IT control over the stability and integrity of mission critical information systems. Hyperion System 9 Data Management Services address all forms of performance management information, including financial, operational and master data.
And with the flexible and open data integration architecture built into Hyperion System 9, customers have the unique option to either rely on the new module from Hyperion or use data integration tools from other vendors.
"Today's announcement suggests that Hyperion is paying close attention to two of the most important success factors of BPM," said Kathleen Wilhide, research director for compliance and business performance management applications at IDC. "First, Hyperion System 9 Release 9.3's Data Management Services module helps ensure that the integrity of the data itself is sound - a key first step toward improving the veracity of reporting. Second, the new BPM Architect helps align and integrate various financial planning and reporting processes to ensure they are working together toward common objectives, another issue that derails many performance management projects."
Hyperion System 9 Release 9.3 builds on Hyperion's vision for BI standardization with new capabilities that support two BI characteristics crucial to an efficient enterprise: pervasive information delivery, and open and certified integration with existing platforms.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access