February 24, 2004 Hyperion, a leader in business performance management software, announced the debut of a new generation of software that makes dashboards even easier to use, deploy and personalize than ever before. Hyperion Performance Suite version 8.2, builds upon the software's proven strengths in query and analysis, enterprise reporting and dashboarding and delivers significant enhancements that dramatically reduce dashboard design and deployment time, and empower users with easy to use reporting and dashboarding functionality.
"Dashboards are the shop windows to an overall corporate performance management strategy. They make the results of the planning and control cycle visible. However, they need a strong business intelligence basis for additional analysis," said Frank Buytendijk, research vice president at Gartner, Inc.
The new Hyperion Performance Suite delivers an easy to use and easy to deploy, integrated set of dashboarding and reporting tools that enable customers to quickly and easily extract business intelligence from any data source and broadly distribute it to employees, customers and partners in a highly visual and graphical view. Hyperion's recent study shows that the Hyperion Performance Suite is currently being utilized in multiple departments throughout the enterprise, such as human resources, marketing, sales and manufacturing for analyzing complex information in an easy-to-understand view.
The Hyperion Performance Suite now delivers new capabilities to help extend dashboard use throughout the organization, including:
- The easiest-to-use dashboard creation tools on the market, giving customers the flexibility to create both detailed and analytic dashboards for executives, easy-to-use and highly customizable dashboards for employees, and intuitive dashboards for the extended enterprise
- New drag-and-drop data modeling, data query and personalized dashboard development functionality enables users to create personalized, relevant content in their dashboard view, faster than ever
- Tighter integration within the Performance Suite provides users with the ability to publish enterprise and ad-hoc end-user reports in an easy-to-consume view for a broad range of people throughout the enterprise.
- Support for Red Hat Enterprise Linux offers customers an open standards, lower total cost of ownership business intelligence solution that delivers improved reliability, scalability and flexibility
- Support for Web services delivers easier integration with corporate portals and the customization of access to BI and BPM information
- New view manager enables managers to update dashboards with specific content such as new metrics for tracking performance, and push the dashboard view out to workgroups
Providing powerful dashboards, the Hyperion Performance Suite enables the appropriate query, reporting and understanding of business information, and empowers employees to make optimal decisions that drive bottom-line results, reduce costs and increase shareholder value.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access