February 23, 2004 Hummingbird Ltd., A leading global provider of integrated enterprise content management (ECM) solutions, announced Hummingbird Enterprise 2004, the next release of Hummingbird's award-winning enterprise content management (ECM) solution. Hummingbird Enterprise 2004 will enable customers to create, manage, deliver and archive the content that drives business operations, from documents to e-mail, instant messages, Web pages, records and media.
"The release of Hummingbird Enterprise 2004 addresses one of the biggest challenges facing companies today managing and organizing enterprise content in its many forms. The rapid increase in mergers and acquisitions accompanied by new regulations such as Sarbanes Oxley and HIPPA are testing companies on how fast they can respond to market demands," said Barry Litwin, president of Hummingbird Ltd. "The strategic enhancements to Hummingbird Enterprise(TM) 2004 will enable customers to automate the production, exchange, retrieval, development and personalization of all types of content, making it easier to connect employees, partners and customers, worldwide."
"The systematic management of business content throughout its lifecycle remains one of the single biggest challenges for an enterprise. IT consolidation and risk mitigation require enterprises to accelerate and upgrade investments in enterprise scale content management solutions," said Mark Gilbert, vice president and research director, Gartner, Inc. "Content management services are essential for the effective management of content from diverse applications such as e-mail, Web sites, office documents and rich media."
"Hummingbird Enterprise 2004 provides enterprise customers with better collaboration, greater accountability and compliance, and complete security of their knowledge assets," said Andrew Pery, chief marketing officer and senior vice president of marketing at Hummingbird. "With this release, we are providing the best solution for our customers to manage the entire lifecycle of their knowledge assets at the lowest total cost of ownership."
Hummingbird Enterprise 2004 offers customers the following key enhancements:
- New Workflow Engine: Users can easily define, apply and reuse business logic across all components of Hummingbird Enterprise(TM) with intuitive, graphical drag-and-drop functionality.
- Integrated BI/Query: Bridging both structured and unstructured business content by integrating BI/Query into Hummingbird Enterprise 2004 integrates a BI/Query that delivers an enterprise-wide reporting platform consisting of 40 pre-built reports.
- Rules-Based Server Side Solution: Hummingbird Enterprise 2004 captures, classifies and manages e-mail as a mission-critical component of enterprise business content.
- Extended Functionality to Mobile Users: Hummingbird Enterprise 2004 offers seamless access to enterprise content from a variety of mobile devices.
- Integrated, Secure Instant Messaging (IM): Secure messaging and presence management capabilities capture content in real time, to preserve and recall discussions and issues relating to collaborative initiatives.
- Enhanced Web Top Client: Hummingbird Enterprise 2004 includes a Web Top client that serves as a thin client interface, delivering advanced portal capabilities, such as single sign on, dynamic views, application integration and support of the JSR 168 standard.
- Performance and Scalability Improvements: Including a new distributed content caching module, Hummingbird Enterprise 2004 provides both
- Unequalled Integration with Microsoft Desktop: Hummingbird Enterprise 2004 provides transparent access from the Microsoft desktop including existing and past versions of MS Outlook, MS Explorer and MS
- Pre-Packed Library Consolidation Templates: Hummingbird Enterprise 2004 enables moves from distributed to centralized deployments with improved ease and speed.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access