HP announced a suite of new products and services this week aimed at providing businesses and governments with enterprise-class cloud computing.
The company said its HP Hybrid Delivery solutions would provide the benefits of enterprise-grade cloud computing by bundling server, storage, network and security resources to meet the demands of the largest customers.
“Cloud computing is going mainstream and HP is leading the way,” Ann Livermore, executive vice president of HP’s Enterprise Business division, said in a statement. “HP has the enterprise experience, breadth of portfolio and global service delivery organization to lead our clients through this transformation.”
HP is hardly new to the cloud computing arena and many of the advancements announced this week build on its previous efforts including the Cloud Assure portfolio of software and services. However, the company has been building out its cloud offerings and was successful over the past year in acquiring 3Par, which has experience in building large-scale storage systems that can be leveraged in the cloud.
This week’s announcement includes the following components:
- HP Enterprise Cloud Services-Compute, which offers clients a “private cloud as a service” from HP’s data centers. The service provides clients with rapidly deployed, secure computing which can be scaled to meet the organization’s needs.
- HP CloudSystem, which is an integrated system to build, manage and consume services across private, public and hybrid cloud environments.
- HP Cloud Discovery Workshop, which offers one and two-day workshops aimed at helping enterprises and government develop smart strategies to plan their migrations to the cloud.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access