April 29, 2008 - HP introduced new and enhanced quality and management software designed to increase the success of mainstream deployment of service-oriented architectures (SOA) by businesses.
HP introduced new versions of its SOA testing products, HP Service Test and HP Service Test Management. In addition, HP announced new SOA management capabilities with HP Business Availability Center for SOA, HP Diagnostics for SOA and HP SOA Policy Enforcer that together better monitor services in production, resolve operational issues and deal with changes to services.
Customers who want to scale their SOA-based deployments recognize they must make SOA a seamless part of their quality and management infrastructure to support business requirements, said Tim Hall, director of SOA products, Software, HP. HP delivers an integrated solution that includes SOA governance, quality and management. Our modular approach gives customers the confidence to quickly progress from initial SOA pilots through to enterprise-scale deployments.
These software products accelerate enterprise SOA adoption by providing assurances that services meet or exceed design and operational specifications. By integrating these solutions across the complete service lifecycle of planning, quality and operations, customers have confidence that services can be trusted to support critical business applications without risk of failure or performance degradation.
SOA Management products include:
- HP Business Availability Center (BAC) for SOA a module of HPs real-time business service and application management solution. It manages shared services seamlessly within the existing operational infrastructure and processes used by IT. This reduces the risk of deploying services by making sure they are actively managed using proven processes and technologies. HP BAC for SOA also provides problem resolution before services affect consumers and business processes.
- HP Diagnostics for SOA allows technical SOA teams to drill down into the behavior of their shared services to quickly identify and resolve problems before they impact customers. It works either standalone for SOA projects or integrates seamlessly into BAC for SOA for enterprise management.
- HP SOA Policy Enforcer bridges the gap between operational SOA management and run-time SOA governance. It provides the assurance that services are meeting technical and business requirements by actively monitoring and enforcing security, performance and other operational requirements. Performance monitoring data is fed directly into HP Diagnostics for SOA for comprehensive analysis.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access