Oracle OpenWorld, held in San Francisco this week, featured a multitude of product introductions, including many in the areas of big data, analytics and mobility. Here are some of the highlights:
- Oracle Analytics Cloud, a new offering that combines business intelligence, big data analytics and embedded software-as-a-service analytics. Prebuilt analytic applications provide embedded real-time reporting and deep cross-functional analysis for a range of SaaS applications.
- Oracle Business Intelligence Cloud Service (Oracle BI Cloud Service), a part of Oracle Analytics Cloud. With built-in mobile capabilities, Oracle BI Cloud Service is designed to speed and improve decision-making across an organization by providing secure, comprehensive information access.
- Enhanced integration between Oracle Mobile Application Framework and Oracle Mobile Security Suite. Oracle says the deeper integration makes it easier for mobile front-end developers to secure their applications.
- E-Business Suite mobile applications, including horizontal apps targeted for all employees and role-based line of business applications. The apps are available as part of existing product licenses.
- New modules for Social Station, a workspace within Oracle Social Cloud’s social relationship management platform. The new modules provide real-time data, reporting and response features designed to help organizations gain value from social media programs.
- A new user interface design system aimed at providing a more engaging customer experience. Used by Oracle’s cloud applications, cloud services and available for customer-developed applications, the Oracle Alta User Interface provides a set of guidelines for developers to create modern, simpler and more engaging UIs across Web-based and on-device mobile applications.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access