Investment in enterprise CDM is driven by the need to gain visibility across customers, channels and distributors. Aberdeen's benchmark data demonstrates that leading organizations primarily measure the value of customer data management through downstream benefits (KPIs) and/or quarterly data effectiveness indicators.
According to " Customer Data Management: How Leaders Attain Tangible ROI, " companies that exemplify "best in class" practices attained greater than 20 percent annual improvement in three key metrics:
- Data accuracy or match rates
- Partner satisfaction levels
- Customer retention rates.
To create an operational foundation for data analysis and decision-support, high performing organizations plan to improve their management of customer data in several critical areas:
- Leaders plan to extend or integrate their CRM systems to increase sales and support visibility across customers, channels, distributors and dealers.
- High performers plan to migrate to SOA, .NET or other Web services platform at rates 2X higher than other benchmarked groups.
- Leaders plan to extend their ERP usage to standardize customer records captured for analysis.
- Above average performers invest in customer data integration (CDI) and data quality (DQ) solutions at rates twice that of below average performers.
- Leaders are more likely to selectively out-source to third-party service providers.
"Leading companies consistently focus on growing revenues and retaining customers," stated Leslie Ament, research director of Aberdeen's customer intelligence practice. "Our research demonstrates high performing organizations focus on creating an operational foundation for cross-departmental data analysis and decision-support in order to improve customer service levels, reduce operational costs, increase revenues and enhance customer satisfaction rates. Moreover, we found that 85 percent of those surveyed, across both B2B and B2C industries, plan to invest in customer data management services and solutions within the next 12-24 months."
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access