GoldenGate Software announced the results of a recent survey on high availability trends, challenges and the need for continuous 24x7 availability of data and applications. The survey, sponsored by GoldenGate and conducted by the Independent Oracle Users Group (IOUG), also includes strategies Oracle-based enterprises are undertaking to achieve higher availability and business continuity.
Some of the key findings include:
- Data migrations result in the longest stretches of downtime - in terms of planned downtime, relatively routine activities such as maintenance and upgrades require taking databases offline.
- Eight out of 10 sites need to have at least some databases available on a continuous, 24x7 basis. However, most have not adopted clustering or grid solutions to ensure availability.
- Enterprises are using both disk-based and tape backup solutions to help ensure availability and continuity. However, most do not yet have a comprehensive business continuity plan in place.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access