A newly released IDC competitive landscape study estimates that the majority of the U.S. finance and accounting (F&A) business process outsourcing (BPO) market opportunity has been claimed by a select few global services providers. Though market leadership positions are not yet set in stone, providers, such as IBM and Accenture, have successfully leveraged their global presence, vast offshore capabilities, technology assets, consulting expertise and BPO capabilities in adjacent business process areas such as procurement and HR.
The IDC study provides the industry's first comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape within the rapidly evolving and vibrant U.S. F&A BPO market. This report identifies and analyzes the three broad categories of players vying for a share in this market: IT service providers, outsourcers and specialists dedicated to one or more segments of the finance and accounting BPO market. In addition, IDC examines each segment in detail by delving into the strategies, strengths and weaknesses characteristic of each vendor and competitive category.
IDC observes the following vendor trends in the F&A BPO competitive landscape:
- Acquisition of and partnering for highly specialized leading-point solutions around F&A processes;
- Strategic deployment of the finance consulting expertise and technology innovation;
- Aggressive expansion of global sourcing capabilities, especially in Eastern Europe and India; and
- Integrating F&A BPO expertise into comprehensive back-office solutions aligned with complete business processes.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access