General Motors (GM) selected Capgemini to assist GM's Information, Systems and Services organization to support some of the program's key strategic elements, including the management of enterprise-wide application integration, which provides enterprise-level strategic planning, architecture, program management and verification/validation services.
Capgemini pursued six GM contracts and was awarded all six, including:
- Enterprise-wide application integration management, which provides enterprise-level strategic planning, architecture, program management and verification/validation services.
- Application integration management for the global purchasing and supply chain area.
- Application integration management for the global sales, service and marketing area.
- Application integration management for the business services area.
- Sales and marketing systems support.
- Dealer systems support.
Capgemini's work begins immediately on several GM projects that are critical to the company's shift to a third-generation outsourcing program.
According to Ralph Szygenda, GM's group vice president and chief information officer, "After 18 months of due diligence and reviewing submissions from all major global IT providers, Capgemini emerged as a strong supplier." Szygenda added, "Although traditional IT outsourcing represents a significant portion of this endeavor, Capgemini will assist us in key systems architecture management in the future."
As one of the world's largest outsourcing services providers, Capgemini has directed the transformational outsourcing initiatives - and increased shareholder value - for companies in a wide range of industries and markets.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access