Research firm Gartner Inc. identified what it considers the top 10 technologies for information security and their implications for security organizations in 2014.
The list of top 10 technologies for information security includes:
- Cloud access security brokers
- Adaptive access control
- Pervasive sandboxing and IOC confirmation
- Endpoint detection and response solutions
- Big data security analytics at the heart of next-generation security platforms
- Machine-readable threat intelligence, including reputation services
- Containment and isolation as a foundational security strategy
- Software-defined security
- Interactive application security testing
- Security gateways, brokers and firewalls to deal with the Internet of Things
“Enterprises are dedicating increasing resources to security and risk,” Neil MacDonald, vice president and Gartner Fellow, said in a statement. “Nevertheless, attacks are increasing in frequency and sophistication. Advanced targeted attacks and security vulnerabilities in software only add to the headaches brought by the disruptiveness of the Nexus of Forces, which brings mobile, cloud, social and big data together to deliver new business opportunities.”
With the opportunities of this Nexus of Forces come risks, MacDonald said. “Security and risk leaders need to fully engage with the latest technology trends if they are to define, achieve and maintain effective security and risk management programs that simultaneously enable business opportunities and manage risk,” he said.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access