FRx Software Corp., a Microsoft company and a part of Microsoft Business Solutions, today announced the availability of FRx Report Manager, an add-on module to Microsoft Business Solutions for Analytics-FRx 6.7 that allows users to quickly and easily pull together the documents needed to deliver a comprehensive financial report book to end users across the organization. FRx Software applied its expertise in financial reporting to develop and deliver one of the first available report management solutions for the accounting industry.
"Our FRx customers have been asking us to give them an easier way to produce report books," said Chris Scherpenseel, president of FRx Software. "Our customers tell us of their constant frustration in having to manually build month-end and periodic report packages discussing the financial health of their organization. For most of our customers, this task is labor-intensive and time-consuming. It can literally take hours or days to organize, compile, print, collate and distribute report books across an organization and to do so in a security-enhanced environment. FRx Report Manager is one of the only tools on the market today that relieves all of these pains for our customers, eliminating the manual processes they go through to get report books into the hands of their management team and board members."
FRx Report Manager is an optional add-on to Microsoft Business Solutions for Analytics-FRx 6.7, a financial reporting application that gives midsize organizations and corporate businesses immediate control of the entire financial reporting process. With FRx Report Manager, users can create their report books quickly and easily in real time, giving decision-makers the most up-to-date financial information available to help them respond to changes and opportunities in the market.
"The product exceeds our original expectations," said Gregg Glanz, accounting and financial systems manager at Fremont Group. "We really wanted to be able to organize report books by reporting tree unit, and it appears that FRx Software has delivered a superior solution that handles that problem and much more. We're very pleased with it."
FRx Report Manager lets users create a single comprehensive financial report book by allowing them to pull in FRx reports, Microsoft Office documents (including Microsoft Excel sheets and charts, Microsoft Word documents and Microsoft PowerPoint® slides), in addition to Crystal Reports output, general ledger (GL) report-writer output and other files. It lets users organize financial reports, charts and nonfinancial documents in a logical, sequential order for use by end users. FRx Report Manager also helps protect sensitive FRx report data, as well as the security access level assigned to individual folders in the report book.
FRx Report Manager also simplifies the report distribution process. Once a report book has been created, just one step is required to e-mail, electronically post or print it. Decision-makers and report recipients can easily navigate through the report book using a tree structure that visually outlines the contents. In addition, pagination and other valuable organization options are included in FRx Report Manager. The resulting report book can be viewed by end users using FRx DrillDown Viewer(tm), saving users time and improving their individual effectiveness by not requiring them to open up multiple applications to view the report book contents.
"We find midsize companies often miss opportunities to manage performance better because they spend too much time on repetitive work that can be automated easily and relatively cheaply," said Robert D. Kugel, vice president and research director at Ventana Research. "Report Manager offers companies a way to gather and report critical business information in one unique package. People can get all the right information faster, executives can manage better, and finance departments can focus on tasks that add value."
Additional FRx Report Manager benefits and features include these:
- Report book organization. FRx Report Manager enables users to create organized, customized report books quickly. Report book creators can insert a table of contents, logos, charts and footnotes via Microsoft Office applications, and can apply headers and page numbers to the entire report book.
- Simple report book navigation. Report book recipients can easily find specific information they need with flexible organization options. Files are organized in a tree structure that provides access to the information that is relevant to specific users. Viewing a report book via FRx DrillDown Viewer also allows report users to find the information they need quickly without having to manually open up additional software applications.
- Flexible report book distribution. FRx Report Manager makes it easy for users to print or electronically mail report books or post them online. With FRx Report Manager, the report book's contents are packaged in a single file rather than several separate files. FRx Report Manager also lets users simultaneously publish a report book using multiple output types from one screen. With additional e-mail capabilities, users can be notified that a report book has been published and is now available. FRx Report Manager also works with FRx Report Server to accelerate report generation and scheduling of report books for distribution on a regular basis if needed.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access