I would like to thank all of the readers who participated in our fifth Annual Readership Survey. It is extremely important that we receive your input each year. We use the information from the survey to determine editorial focus for the coming year, and we also listen carefully to suggestions for changes you would like to see in DM Review.
Your responses to the question concerning your overall experience reading DM Review were overwhelmingly favorable. A few of the responses follow:
"The best resource available for suggestions and practical applications of business intelligence and data warehousing. Provides access to the most knowledgeable people in the business concerning issues facing BI professionals."
"The variety of articles, easy to read and understand style, and timeliness of information make it an excellent information tool to keep up with current trends, hardware and software. Well researched and written."
Some suggested that articles need to be covered in greater depth. Obviously, this would require the articles to be substantially longer. We have addressed this issue with DM Direct, our online newsletter. Many articles featured in DM Direct address topics covered in DM Review in greater detail. To subscribe, please click the DM Direct Newsletter link in the navigation bar on the left side of DMReview.com's home page. After reviewing the material covered in the current newsletter, you will find a link for subscriptions near the bottom of the page.
Some of the biggest trends identified in the survey were:
Most companies are directing staff to participate in online conferences and Web seminars, thereby saving the expense of sending staff to national conferences and trade shows.
- Fifty-one percent expect that their data warehouses will more than double in size during the next 12 months.
- Projects identified as having the highest priority over the next 12 months are: business intelligence/data warehousing (identified by 68 percent), security (identified by 53 percent), CRM (identified by 46 percent), e-commerce (identified by 40 percent), high availability (identified by 39 percent) and analytics (identified by 37 percent).
Thanks to all of you who participated in the survey. Please send an e-mail to me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any survey questions you'd like to see included next year; and, as always, thanks for reading DM Review!
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access