As we approach the summer months - hooray! - I wanted to give you a heads-up regarding feedback initiatives we are planning with our most important customers - you, the readers of DM Review magazine.First of all, we have our annual readership survey in the market this month, and we would appreciate your participation. We depend on feedback from these surveys to a great degree to shape the future direction of our magazine. The survey is sent to a random sample of our readership - watch for it in your inbox this month.
Secondly, we are planning a survey in mid-July that will ask our readers for specific feedback regarding both the advertising placed in the July issue of DM Review as well as the editorial features found in this issue. Please take time - if you are selected - to complete this e-mail-based survey as well.
These efforts will help DM Review deliver content that matches your needs and expectations. Regarding advertising in DM Review, please know that DM Review is dependent on the support of our sponsors and advertisers - so please support these sponsors by reviewing their messages in this and future issues of DM Review!
In this issue of DM Review magazine:
- Customer Analytics: Maximizing the Lifetime Value of Your Customer Segments, by Roman Lenzen. Transitioning from a one-off campaign environment to an analytic long-term database marketing strategy is challenging, but it is well worth the effort.
- ADEs: The Rise of Buy and Extend BI Tools, by Wayne Eckerson. Eckerson explores ADEs (analytic development environments), the newest development technique on the block. ADEs are typically component-based extensions to business intelligence tools that allow developers and power users to create sophisticated analytic applications.
- It's the Code Stupid! By Joe Celko. This article talks about bad SQL code as the primary performance problem behind a majority of database applications - read on!
- The Burden of Trusted Information, by Timo Elliott and Darren Cunningham. How can you work toward a single view of the truth within your company? This article provides some of the answers for you!
Additionally, as usual, this issue contains a wealth of information from our regular columnists including: Lou Agosta (Very Large Data Warehouses Challenge Backup); Jane Griffin (Data Governance: A Strategy for Success); David Raab (Privacy Compliance and Databases); Craig Schiff (BPM and Enterprise Dimension Management) and Clive Finklestein (Is This the Solution for SPAM?).
Enjoy your summer!
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access