DM Review, along with our research partner, the Gantry Group LLC, has recently completed a comprehensive study on the BI markets relative to adoption, implementation and business value. What we have learned from the results of the survey (completed by 551 corporate and IT executives) validates our position in the market: providing our readers with the knowledge required to provide business justification for BI, and explaining the process for successful implementation and end-user adoption.
Additionally, this study validates the need in the market for more business-focused content for corporate executives, explaining the business benefits of BI. This April, DM Review's parent company, SourceMedia (formerly Thomson Media) will launch a quarterly magazine titled Business Intelligence Review or BI Review. This magazine will complement DM Review.
Along these lines, we are also pleased to inform you that SourceMedia will be hosting its first BI conference, the BI Forum, April 17-19 at the new JW Marriott Resort & Spa in Phoenix, Arizona. Please take a moment to review the agenda for the conference (at www.sourcemediaconferences.com/conferences/BI05), and join us if you can for what will surely be an exciting three days!
In this issue:
- The Information Supply Chain: Achieving Business Objectives by Enhancing Critical Business Processes, by George Marinos of PricewaterhouseCoopers. Just as raw materials move through a physical supply chain on their way to becoming finished goods, data moves in a very similar manner through an information supply chain.
- Pervasive Business Intelligence: Enhancing Key Performance Indicators, by Dave Mittereder of Citigate Hudson. BI is evolving from traditional BI to pervasive BI, which empowers everyone in the organization, at all levels, with analytics, alerts and feedback mechanisms. It's a new paradigm with potentially enormous benefits - and far-reaching cultural implications.
- Using Advanced Analytics to Drive Better Business Decisions, by Peter Arena, Stephen Rhody and Michael Stavrianos of ASR Analytics. This article examines the real value of advanced analytics as well as the unique challenges of integrating decision management into the BI architecture.
This month's featured columns include:
- Building a Culture of Sarbanes-Oxley Sustainment, by Jane Griffin
- MME Best Practices Case Study - Allstate Insurance, Part 3, by David Marco
- IT Readiness for Performance Management, by Craig Schiff
Enjoy the issue!
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access