This issue of DM Review is dedicated to the memory of our colleague - Rosemarie Galioto.
In January of this year, DM Review's senior art director, Rosemarie Galioto, was taken prematurely from this world. A 19-year Faulkner & Gray/Source Media Employee, Rosemarie was a primary contributor to the redesign of DM Review that premiered with our October 2004 issue. A graduate of St. John University, Rosemarie is survived by her husband John and daughter Lauren. When Lauren was in grade school, Rosemarie founded the After School Program at PS98 in Douglaston, Queens, New York. Starting from scratch, Rosemarie developed an after-school program that is highly successful, has received several honors and meets the needs of the students and their working parents. We will all miss Rosemarie's talent and her compassionate nature.
In this issue, I think you'll find the following features of particular interest:
- The Dawn of the BI Director, authored by Wayne Eckerson: The stepchild status of BI is quickly changing. One sign of this change is the growing stature of BI directors within major organizations, overseeing data warehousing and business intelligence projects.
- Why Metrics-Centric Performance Management Solutions Fall Short, authored by Jonathan Becher: While metrics-centric performance management is an improvement over traditional reporting and business intelligence, it can still fall short of an organization's expectations.
- Maximizing Your ETL Tool Investment, authored by Matthew Krudop: Is your organization struggling to justify an ETL tool purchase? Will your ETL implementation be successful? Gain insight into the daunting process of justifying ETL tool investments.
- Components of a BI Dashboard: Spatial Data & Visualization, authored by Michael Gonzales: Building and deploying an executive dashboard takes time, regardless of the vendor or technology chosen.
- This month's featured columnists include:
- Life After Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance by Jane Griffin
- MME Best Practices Case Study: Allstate Insurance, Part 2 by David Marco
- Introducing the Data Warehouse Appliance, Part 1 by William McKnight
- Corporate Governance Corporations are Seeing the Rewards! by Claudia Imhoff
Please note the product reviews in this issue focus on data quality. They will provide great information to aid you in your technology evaluation processes this year.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access