Happy New Year from the staff at DM Review magazine and DMReview.com!
Speaking of DMReview.com, have you visited our Web site lately for your daily dose of news about BI, data management and data warehousing?
DMReview.com and dataWarehouse.com are excellent information sources that complement our monthly magazine. These sites offer a wealth of information not available in our monthly print magazine.
For example, DMReview.com offers more than 60 dedicated resource portals in which the editorial staff has aggregated information for you by particular key topic categories including: CRM, data quality, data integration, data warehousing, business intelligence, storage technology and analytics.
In addition to our resource portals, the sites contain daily news features, an extensive white paper library and Ask the Experts, an online forum where you can pose questions and have them answered by our panel of experts.
Of couse, the print magazine continues to offer several timely and thought-provoking features covering key topic areas. In this issue, you will find:
- Reporting tools: How Sexy Reporting Has Become by Keith Gile
- High availability and disaster recovery: Disaster Recovery: What It Means To Be Prepared by Al Decker
- Data visualization: Information Visualization for Business - Past & Future by Richard Brath and Mike Peters
- Data integration: Change Data Capture - Efficient ETL for Real-Time BI by Itamar Ankorion
Additionally, we've added two new columnists to our lineup this month. Rajeev Rawat begins a new column entitled IT Myth vs. Reality; and Stephen Few joins us with Data Visualization. Other columnist highlights this month include:
- Bill Inmon: Closed-Loop Systems - Approaching Nirvana
- Claudia Imhoff: Two Heads Are Better Than One
- David Marco: Data Assurance Road Map
Please join me in congratulating Ruby Linkins, data administrator at First Health, and Lynne Muerer, BI manager at Longs Drugs, the two lucky DM Review Readership Survey respondents who were randomly selected as winners of $500 Amex Gift Cheques. We also wish to congratulate Sam Kozlovsky, Cecilia Winters-Morris, John Moran and Ed Dice who each won a copy the book, Mastering Data Warehouse Design: Relational and Dimensional Techniques by Claudia Imhoff, Nicholas Galemmo and Jonathan G. Geiger, for completing our survey.
Best wishes for a successful New Year!
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access