Firstlogic Inc., a global provider of advanced information quality and postal automation solutions, announced the general availability of the latest release of the firm's commercial Directory Retrieval System (DRS) software solution for the United Kingdom (UK). The UK Commercial DRS is Firstlogic's high performance addressing technology for use on Multi-Line Optical Character Recognition (MLOCR) automation equipment. The solution enables organizations in the United Kingdom to consolidate and assign mail pieces to delivery points with maximum postage savings.
Firstlogic's UK Commercial DRS, Version 3.7, utilizes The Royal Mail's postal address file (PAF) to validate and assign mail piece addresses to the delivery level to ensure more efficient delivery of mail in the UK. The technology is an extension of Firstlogic's world-class addressing systems in use at many of the world's largest postal operations. DRS improve the way postal authorities and commercial mailers handle, process and deliver mail by the most effective means available.
A system utilizing the UK Commercial DRS reads an address from a mail piece or fields on a form or document using an OCR. The semi-processed OCR data is then passed to the Firstlogic DRS where it provides:
- Contextual analysis - it analyzes the OCR data to correct misread characters (for example, a zero read as the letter "O").
- Address parsing - the UK Commercial DRS solution identifies or "parses" address data into component parts such as Postcode, locality, region, address line, and other components to aid in exacting address assignment.
- Assignment - the solution compares this information to address data stored in the national postal directories. When a match is found, DRS assigns postal and delivery point codes to the finest level available.
"This specialized commercial DRS solution is built upon the technology Firstlogic provides to postal organizations across the globe," Galloway notes. "By leveraging our unique knowledge about UK address information processing, we are able to provide commercial businesses with the most accurate address assignment possible, and help them meet the most stringent MailSort guidelines."
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access