A poll of executives from financial institutions has found that cloud computing has yielded the best return on investment over the past year compared to all areas of infrastructure investment.
The poll, which was taken at the Bloomberg LINK Enterprise Technology Summit in New York, found that 45% of chief information officers and technology executives at financial services firms believe cloud computing has delivered the best bang for their buck.
A further 33% chose low-latency trading as the most effective at delivering ROI, while 23% selected complex event processing (CEP).
Executives at the conference were asked 10 questions on key technology trends. Among the findings:
- Technology spending increasing – 76% said they expect to see their technology spending budgets to increase over the next 12 months, while 17% said they expected a decrease and 7% said spending will remain about the same.
- Managed solutions – 55% said they are shifting more of their overall capital expense budgets to managed solutions. About 33% said they would not be shifting more spending to managed solutions, while 12% were undecided.
- Compliance – 84% of respondents said they have increased spending on regulatory compliance systems in the past two years; only 5% decreased spending, and 11% said spending remained the same.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access