FAST announced a partnership with Cognos. The partnership is the foundation for a new FAST integration that joins the FAST Enterprise Search Platform (FAST ESP) with Cognos 8 Business Intelligence, bringing the power of business intelligence to every employee in an organization.
More than a simple integration, the combination of FAST ESP and Cognos 8 BI with Cognos Go! Search Service delivers a solution which enables users to leverage sophisticated enterprise search functionality to quickly and easily find reports, analysis, scorecards, dashboards, and other business intelligence information, along with corporate content such as documents, e-mail and other forms of structured and unstructured business information distributed across the enterprise. Leveraging the power of Contextual Insight(TM), FAST ESP is able to analyze and interpret the underlying meaning behind reports, not just the reports themselves, providing users with a single search across all of their information, including their business intelligence information.
The extension of enterprise search functionality to business intelligence content represents the next logical step in information access, consumption and utilization. FAST provides users with the ability to contextually reference once detached documents or information with data that has, until now, been restricted to a BI environment. With the integration of FAST ESP and Cognos 8 BI content, everyone inside an organization, whether they are sophisticated BI users or BI novices, can get immediate answers to their pressing business questions, and see links to the most relevant BI information, in a fast, intuitive and secure manner. The result is unprecedented insight into business performance.
A combined solution from Cognos and FAST will enable businesses to gain four key benefits:
- Easier access to BI for a broad range of users throughout the organization. Today's business user has become accustomed to using search technology on the Web, corporate intranet sites, and even within their applications. The widespread adoption of search technology is changing the dynamic for accessing and utilizing information. Harnessing the analytical capabilities of Cognos 8 BI within FAST ESP opens performance information to a broader array of users.
- Secure access to a broader set of business content. Exposing Cognos 8 BI content through Cognos Go! and FAST ESP allows all enterprise users the easiest access to the content they need to excel in their role, based on existing user authentication protocols. Together, FAST and Cognos are improving business agility by delivering precise answers so everyone in the organization can find decision-critical content quickly and with fewer clicks.
- Faster, easier and more informed decision-making. Taking advantage of an intuitive enterprise search interface, users can access the detailed information they need to make faster more informed decisions. This solution is giving companies a single point of access to all pertinent enterprise information in real time, regardless of data format, structure or location.
- Increased value of both enterprise search and BI investments. Increase productivity by providing workers with custom views of content based on role, access and profile, so less time and effort are spent searching and more time is spent on analysis. This solution provides a greater return on assets by aggregating information from all internal and external sources and BI to create an intelligence portal to maximize an organization's assets.
To support the continued engineering and sales activity, Cognos and FAST have joined each other's Alliance Partner programs. Both Cognos and FAST have built reputations within their respective industry segments for delivering innovative solutions to the world's most sophisticated enterprise customers. Similarities in product philosophy, customer bases, and partners are expected to help to drive a synergistic relationship for both organizations moving forward.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access