Epsilon, a leading relationship marketing company, further cemented its technology leadership position by announcing two recent achievements - the launch of Technology in Play, a center for database marketing innovation, and the retirement of its mainframe-based computing platform through its completed conversion to a fully open-systems operating environment.
Epsilon's completed conversion to a fully open-systems computing environment provides clients with flexible access to a best-in-class fabric of marketing infrastructure and tools for database management, business intelligence, analytic processing and multichannel campaign management. The highly scalable architecture offers hosted database clients even greater performance, flexibility and data access for planning, deploying and optimizing integrated marketing programs. Since retiring its mainframe, Epsilon believes it is the largest database marketing services firm in the industry operating solely on open-systems platforms, ranging from data hygiene and processing to databases utilizing industry standard relational database systems on open and open-source platforms to massively parallel processing platforms leveraging innovative database appliance technology.
Technology in Play, Epsilon's center for database marketing innovation, enables Epsilon clients and prospects to prototype, experiment and test advanced database marketing tools and platforms, learn how to leverage best practices and work closely with Epsilon to design solutions with the specific combination of technologies that best support their targeted marketing objectives.
Key highlights of Technology in Play include:
- Access to database marketing solution sets for specific industry verticals, including insurance, banking and credit marketing, direct to consumer pharmaceutical, fundraising and membership.
- A collection of integrated, best-in-class marketing tools for campaign management, including DoubleClick's Ensemble and Unica's Affinium, as well as leading business intelligence tools such as Business Objects.
- Epsilon's massively parallel processing solution for insurance, banking and credit marketers, leveraging high-performance database appliance technology from Netezza to produce unparalleled campaign speed and processing times on multi-terabyte databases with more than 290 million individuals.
- Epsilon's platform for fundraising and membership, featuring Business Objects, leading campaign management tools and Epsilon's Donorseek architecture for Web-based donor management.
Epsilon's client services portal, featuring integrated security and access to marketing applications, along with tools for document collaboration and management, workflow management, production support and scheduling, and system configuration.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access