The eMetrics Marketing Optimization Summit announced the results of a survey of Web analytics and marketing professionals that provides unique insights into the tools and online marketing channels that have an impact on business.
The goal of the survey was to determine the tools that marketing and analytics professionals currently use and the marketing channels they are optimizing to meet and surpass business goals. The survey results found that the most measured marketing channels are search, 82 percent, email, 79 percent, and online advertising, 78 percent.
Nearly 75 percent of survey respondents indicated that they are optimizing conversion rates and landing page effectiveness, while customer satisfaction was the least optimized. This signifies that customer satisfaction is a largely overlooked metric that could offer a significant competitive advantage to those who embrace it.
When asked how marketers and analysts are integrating data across online channels, 84 percent of survey respondents indicated they are using one or more of the three manual methods for integrating data, Excel spreadsheets, PowerPoint and Sneaker Net. The 27 percent of survey respondents who are using fully integrated data streams represent the small but growing number of analytics professionals who understand the importance of getting a big-picture view of how online and offline channels work together to achieve business goals.
Other survey results highlights include:
- 78 percent of survey respondents monitor traffic and page views to measure campaign performance, while only 9 percent use predictive analytics.
- 92 percent plan to increase or maintain their budget for Web site performance optimization.
- 34 percent of survey respondents are effectively using Web analytics data to direct offline business activities.
For a complete analysis of the survey results, please visit www.emetrics.org.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access