EMC Corporation, a provider of information storage systems, software and services, announced a series of new mid-tier network-attached storage (NAS) products and enhancements. With the announcement, EMC is further expanding the world's broadest NAS product family and extending its lead by offering the most choice and flexibility for customers' mid-tier networked storage needs. Today's announcement demonstrates EMC's continued innovation and ability to extend NAS features and functionality to a broader customer base at lower price points.
The announcements include:
- NS600G and NS600GS the new Celerra NAS gateways enable customers to easily and cost-effectively integrate NAS functionality into existing CLARiiON CX600 and CX400 storage systems. The gateways help customers lower costs through increased storage utilization, and they dramatically reduce complexity and management by enabling SAN and NAS functionality to co-exist in a single system. The new gateway is offered in single- (NS600GS) and dual-data mover (NS600G) configurations.
- NS600S the new entry-level model for the mid-tier Celerra NS600 series includes a single data mover, providing an attractive entry point for mid-tier NAS applications that initially do not require the service and performance levels of larger configurations. The NS600S provides customers with a simple, online upgrade to a high-availability (dual-data mover) configuration. NS600S delivers 35-60% percentbetter price performance than Network Appliance's comparable F825, FAS940 and FAS960 offerings. Specifically, the NS600S delivers higher performance than the Network Appliance FAS960 and is priced lower than the FAS940.
- ATA Drive Support High-capacity, lower-cost ATA disk drives are now available in both integrated Celerra NS600 and NS600G systems and Celerra CNS clustered environments. Every Celerra model now offers the economic advantages of ATA disk drives for new applications such as backup to disk from partners including: CommVault, Computer Associates, LEGATO and Veritas.
- EMC NetWin 200 The new NetWin 200 NAS system is now generally available. NetWin 200 couples the simplicity of Microsoft Windows Storage Server 2003 with EMC's proven CLARiiON CX200 networked storage platform. NetWin 200 is ideal for those customers operating predominantly in a Microsoft Windows environment who require seamless integration of NAS functionality, enabling them to more cost-effectively manage, share and protect business- critical data.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access