Networking equipment provider Brocade and storage giant EMC say they are expanding their strategic alliance to market more offerings aimed at increasing data center efficiency.
The companies said this week that they are making joint investments in technology integration, application development, and go-to-market strategies for the data center market.
As part of the first stage of that partnership they have released a set of offerings to help organizations consolidate, virtualize and protect their installations of Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SharePoint, and Oracle Database 11g.
“Brocade and EMC are leveraging our long-standing, strategic partnership to deliver open and agile solutions to enable converged data centers,” John McHugh, Brocade’s chief marketing officer, said in a statement.
The companies said that in collaborating with joint customers, they have developed an integrated, repeatable methodology, leveraging Microsoft Hyper-V and VMware vSphere virtualization technologies. The joint methodology utilizes three primary steps to improve data center efficiency:
- Consolidation of networks, servers and storage to reduce hardware and operating costs.
- Virtualizing application and database server environments and leveraging virtualization-aware storage and management systems to optimize the data center.
- Protecting applications through fabric-based encryption technology.
Brocade and EMC said their consulting arms are also working closely to deliver joint professional services. In addition, the companies have invested in Microsoft-oriented technology centers to provide customers with the ability to preview offerings and work with experts to tailor the offerings to their environments.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access