Embarcadero Technologies, Inc., a provider of application and database life cycle management solutions, announced the general availability of Embarcadero Job Scheduler 3.0, providing database administrators with centralized control of cross-platform, enterprise-wide job scheduling. This latest version of Embarcadero Job Scheduler provides support for the company's data integration solution, Embarcadero DT/Studio and introduces a new Java-based scheduler server to support major Windows and UNIX platforms. Built-in database maintenance wizards, instant HTML reporting and documentation, and an easy-to- use centralized console enable this version to further streamline job scheduling.
Embarcadero Job Scheduler 3.0 now provides the ability to manage Embarcadero DT/Studio tasks, as well as seamlessly integrate with other Embarcadero solutions including DBArtisan, Rapid SQL and Change Manager. This latest version provides wizards that assist users in integrating DT/Studio tasks with other enterprise operations. Users can employ the integration of business processes and data with the ease of managing everything from a single interface.
Embarcadero Job Scheduler's server component has been ported to Java, broadening the current support for Windows to include Solaris 2.7/2.8, AIX 5.1, HP-UX 11.00 and Red Hat Linux 7.1 or later. The addition of Java extends the product so that it can scale to meet the needs of increased and diverse job scheduling requirements.
The 3.0 version of Job Scheduler enables database administrators to manage more data, across more machines, with increasingly limited resources.
Key Features of Embarcadero Job Scheduler 3.0:
- Full Suite of Scheduling Capabilities: Additional support for Embarcadero DT/Studio combined with the existing integration with Embarcadero DBArtisan, Rapid SQL, Change Manager, and SQL Tuner enables Job Scheduler to automate and streamline database administration and data integration tasks.
- Extended Cross-Platform Support: Portable, Java-based enterprise scheduling engine enables Job Scheduler to run on most UNIX, Linux and Windows servers.
- Streamlined Job Scheduling: Built-in database maintenance wizards, instant HTML reporting and documentation, and an easy-to-use centralized console.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access