Brookfield, WI - August 11, 1999 - DM Review magazine recently merged its two Web sites (dmreview.com and datawarehouse.com) into one of the most comprehensive resources on the Web for business intelligence and data warehousing information. Designed to take IT professionals into the next millennium equipped with the information and tools needed to succeed, the new DMReview.com offers more user-friendly navigation, Web-exclusive content, current industry news and - most importantly - more resources in one location.
Located at http://www.dmreview.com, the new site is a dynamic, database-driven Web site and is a proactive response to the exponential growth of the business intelligence and data warehouse industry. The site is a demonstration of DM Review's commitment to provide timely, high-quality coverage of industry issues and solutions from both a business and technology perspective.
Some of the features included on the new DMReview.com include:
- DM Review magazine - The current issue is prominently featured and offers all of the latest DM Review articles, columns, product reviews and data warehouse success stories, as well as an issue archive dating back to 1997.
- Resource Portals - Users will find an abundance of information regarding business intelligence and data warehousing in each of the topic-specific resource portals.
- DM Direct - DM Direct is an HTML-based e-mail newsletter distributed to tens of thousands of subscribers. While the editorial focus of DM Direct parallels that of DM Review, the featured articles are only available in the newsletter.
- Industry News - Updated daily, Industry News provides information-seekers with the latest in business intelligence and data warehousing news including company performance, mergers, acquisitions, new product announcements and more.
- Online columnists - As part of DMReview.com's Web-exclusive content, the columnists share their knowledge on a variety of current business intelligence and data warehousing topics.
- Quick Poll - This is an opportunity to get real-time results from industry-related survey questions. By answering the featured question, users will receive results comparing their response to that of others in the industry.
- Ask the Experts - Moderated by Sid Adelman, president of Sid Adelman & Associates, this feature allows business intelligence and data warehousing professionals to submit industry-related questions to our panel of experts.
- Career Center - The career center offers prospective employers a highly-focused environment for targeting skilled business intelligence and data warehousing professionals.
The marketing opportunities on DMReview.com offer excellent channels for industry vendors looking to be involved on the interactive site. Resource portal and editorial sponsorships and banner advertising are just a few of the ways vendors can offer information to DMReview.com's readers.
With its new design, DMReview.com has the ability to react quickly to users' evolving needs. The site is powered by a Compaq ProLiant server, designed with Allaire Cold Fusion Studio 4.0 and driven by Microsoft SQL Server 7.0.
DM Review is rated the #1 business intelligence and data warehousing magazine in the United States. DM Review, published by Faulkner & Gray, provides a wealth of knowledge through columns by top industry experts, informative and timely articles, data warehouse success stories, third-party product reviews, executive interviews and http://www.dmreview.com.
Faulkner & Gray (F&G), a magazine publishing unit of Thomson Financial, is one of the nation's fastest growing electronic commerce trade magazine and Internet publishers. F&G offers market-leading magazines in electronic commerce providing access to key decision-makers in business-to-business ecommerce.
Thomson Financial is a US$1 billion provider of information services and work solutions to the worldwide financial community. Through the widest range of products and services in the industry, Thomson Financial helps clients in more than 70 countries make better decisions, be more productive and achieve superior results. Thomson Financial is part of The Thomson Corporation (TTC), one of the world's leading information companies. TTC, with annual revenues of more than US$6 billion, has interests in specialized information and newspaper publishing. TTC's common shares are traded on the Toronto, Montreal and London stock exchanges. For more information, visit http://www.thomsonfinancial.com.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access