Digital asset management (DAM) technology has made significant strides in maturity, but it remains a highly fragmented and specialized industry, where many customers are forsaking "name" players in favor of niche or hosted solutions, according to research released by CMS Watch, a vendor-independent analyst firm that evaluates content technologies.
The report also found:
- Enterprises and vendors alike are working to integrate DAM into a wide array of business services - including marketing campaigns, catalog production and broadcast video management - but success still requires extensive customization.
- Tools that have historically been used for departmental or marketing workgroup needs are struggling to integrate with larger enterprise platforms.
- Despite digital rights management being vital in many DAM and MAM scenarios, few vendors have a solid solution to this need.
- Finally, the need for customization remains nearly ubiquitous.
For more information, visit http://www.cmswatch.com/.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access