Dell PowerVault network attached storage (NAS) systems will support Microsoft Corp.'s new Windows Storage Server 2003 operating system, Dell announced. In addition, Dell will help customers migrate from the previous- generation Microsoft platform to Windows Storage Server 2003.
Dell will offer Windows Storage Server 2003 on its PowerVault 770N and 775N systems designed for small and medium-sized businesses, and departments or workgroups within larger organizations. These products also include support for 2.4 and 2.8GHz Intel Xeon processors with 533MHz front side bus technology.
Customers can use Dell OpenManage systems management tools to monitor the performance and status of their PowerVault NAS systems and manage storage resources more efficiently.
Additional Windows Storage Server 2003 features on Dell PowerVault NAS systems include:
- Support for up to 8-node clustering helps increase reliability and availability;
- Print services can increase manageability and decrease administration costs;
- Volume Shadow Copy Services (VSS) can provide easy user access to point-in-time copies of data to defend against information loss; and
- Volume Disk Services (VDS) allow for online expansion of storage volumes without disrupting system uptime.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access