Datawatch Corporation, a leading provider of report management, data transformation and service management solutions, announced the release of the TotalView module for its Datawatch|ES report archiving, distribution and analytics system. For the first time, users will now have the ability to easily combine data from a report archive with that from any database or data warehouse without programming - resulting in consolidated information for critical decisions. The new Datawatch|ES TotalView module provides a wide range of Web-based dynamic reporting and mining capabilities and analysis tools normally found only in much more complex database driven reporting solutions.
Datawatch|ES TotalView gives users the ability to dynamically build new reports, join multiple reports and data sources, and filter, group and sort as needed. By leveraging trusted existing reports as the core data source and linking in additional information from any other accessible data source as needed, Datawatch|ES TotalView will dramatically reduce the time needed to provide users with the data they need to make decisions.
In addition, as Sarbanes-Oxley, HIPAA and other government initiatives continue to force organizations to rely heavily on host report output for compliance reporting, Datawatch|ES TotalView will ensure that companies can take full competitive advantage of their ever growing report warehouses.
"Datawatch|ES TotalView adds significant functionality to the Datawatch|ES report management system we have in place. The new module allows us to link our separate reports and data repositories for consolidated data viewing," said Lisa Fulle, vice president and controller of central accounting services at WorldTravel BTI. "In addition, Datawatch|ES TotalView's ability to enable end users to report on and analyze data from these different sources through their browsers will allow us to replace some of our existing data mining tools with a system that is easier to use and administer and will not require any significant new IT investment in time or resources."
Datawatch|ES Total View functionality includes:
- Dynamic joining of multiple reports and other data sources into a single dataset for analysis;
- The ability to create multiple levels of grouping and totals within a browser;
- Dynamic sorting and filtering based on any one or more columns;
- Ability to link back to the report source for easy auditing and reconciliation;
- The ability to format data views into html/PDF reports; and
- The ability to save any view, join, filter, sort and viewing combination for future use and sharing.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Information Management content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access